It has never been more apparent to me that there are two ways to view any given situation than it was in the year 2010. While the year was a time of numerous personal challenges, it also afforded me more blessings than I can probably even recount. I will however attempt to give you my summary as best I remember them.
- I made many friends through social networking. Some of these friends I am as close to as good family members.
- Because of my network of friends I twice visited the city of Chicago that is now like my second home.
- Visits with great, long- term friends became more frequent.
- I reconnected with old friends from both high school and college who I’m very aligned with on a spiritual plane.
- I became a budding blogger.
- My Cup of Cheer brand was birthed and continues to grow.
- My children changed school (to my dismay) but are flourishing (to my delight)
- My sense of my true self became more evident.
- I shared my grandmother’s final days with her.
- I lost a job that my gut told me not to take (the universe corrects itself).
- The greatest truth came to me- God is in us and God is love. One of our main purposes in life is to spread love.
- I went all year without getting ill- not even a cold.
- I ended the year by getting exactly the type of job that I have been wanting to secure for years (that’s why I had to be free of the other one).
These are just a few of my blessings from the previous year. I’m sure that I have not even scratched the surface. What I know for sure is that I am very blessed. Whatever challenges I am presented with pale in comparison to my bounty of blessings. I look forward to what 2011 has to offer and know that the path I am charting for myself will be fulfilled.