Well it’s my birthday and in keeping with what I started last year I will offer some musings. Might be some cheer, sarcasm, humor, whatever in this as I don’t yet know what is going to pour forth through these fingers. I do know that I’m going with the list format- well cause I’m still perfecting that style of writing. So here goes:
1. Age is nothing but a number and in my mind I’m still 25. I know better but I still think I make 46 look damned good.
2. My birthday is the one day I allow myself to be totally narcissstic. Play along and don’t judge me. 😉
3. For some reason my stepfathers birthday two days ago and this being the anniversary of his death really affected me this year.
4. I know sometimes I really moan and complain about my mom. Truth is that lady loves me til the end of her days and will always do ANYTHING for me. The fact that she has some challenges in communication sometimes should not make her less loveable. It should just make me more understanding and that is something I’m committing to going forth.
5. My day did not hold a lot of extra activities. Just hanging with my kids running errands and things. That was fine with me. They are two of my favorite people. My daughter is one of the most loving people I know and my son is one of the funniest.
6. I am not one who goes out, gets drunk or anything like that for my birthday. My preference is actually to spend some time in quiet reflection deciding on adjustments I need to make going forth.
7. I do the same on New Years day.
8. My birthday is truly a holiday to me.
9. If you are in my inner circle and don’t acknowledge my birthday I will admit I get a little salty.
10. To date I have received 105 birthday greetings through Facebook and quite a number through twitter.
11. I honestly don’t consider myself to have a large number of friends so this touches my heart in unexplainable ways.
12. If a person can take the time to send me a birthday greeting, I can take the time to personally thank each and every one of them.
13. I have been incredibly blessed in my lifetime.
14. I continue to be blessed and am currently calling the life I wish to live into existence.
15. The Pray Rain Journal is a very real concept.
16. This year I will finish and publish at least one book.
17. I am currently writing two very different books.
18. This next year will be one of change, challenge, and growth.
19. Raising a teenaged boy into manhood challenges some of my sensibilities. I want him to be a perfect man yet know that he won’t.
20. Some of my friends did not make it to this point. I always remember them as I continue to live with the part of them that lives in my heart.
So, I lift my glass in toast to me- the woman I am and the woman I am still becoming. The day I cease being a work in progress will be the day I die. There is always room for improvement but there is also always cause for celebration. I thank you, in advance, for being in my life in whatever way has caused you to take the time to read these musings and I wish you peace, happiness, and prosperity in whatever order you currently need them.
God Bless you and Mazel Tov, *clink*
Spread love…peace and blessings.