I have recently had some very deep, enriching and meaningful discussions with a number of people. As I am always seeking to learn, I have walked away from these discussions with the following lessons.
1. Everyone has a story- It is important to listen to a person’s story before attempting to judge them.
2. Don’t judge- there but for the grace of God go I. If you haven’t walked in a person’s shoes don’t tell them how to wear them.
3. Relationships are always enriched through honesty and open communication- always
4. The distance between you and another is always shortened by a warm hug.
5. Pride gets in the way of our blessings.
6. We are ALL more similar than we are different.
7. Everyone raises their children in the way they think is best- again, don’t judge.
8. Some choices have lifelong consequences- everything that is done can not be undone (especially pertinent for parents to remember).
9. Children can be and are irreparably harmed by parents lack of foresight- balance is necessary in any situation.
10. Marriage should not occur in the midst of doubt, uncertainty, fear, haste, lack of forethought.
11. Your gut is ALWAYS right- that’s God talking to you; Listen, and conform no matter how uncomfortable.
12. Everyone can not and should not be trusted- but you have to be willing to go out on a limb. Sometimes the greatest rewards are there.
13. Fear is a great inhibitor to freedom- do what you know you need to do in spite of the fear.
14. Even when you least suspect it, there is a core group of people who will have your back- knowing who they are helps.
15. Love is the greatest gift you can give a person- it always fits, costs nothing, and true love doesn’t go away.
Spread love…peace and blessings