On October 24, 2011 I posted “Lessons Learned.” They all apply, but because this is life there are always more lessons. I would love to hear some of yours.
1. When sleep is needed rest.
2. Someone is always watching what you do- do yourself proud
3. Tomorrow is not promised- live each day to the fullest
4. Friendship does not mean they are always around, it means they are there when you need them.
5. Even great people are imperfect- Don’t be too hard on yourself.
6. People can feel love even when not in your physical presence- the internet taught me this
7. Real love never dies- it’s surprising how long I’ve been aware of this one
8. Laughter is healing (and does a great job of ending arguments too).
9. We are incapable of seeing ourselves as others see us- this is both a good and a bad thing. 😉
10. There is something good in everyone. Look for it. Acknowledge it. Celebrate it.
11. Sometimes bad things happen for a good reason- all things are not for us to immediately understand
12. Spreading love can indeed become a lifestyle.
13. You can let the negative statements/thoughts of others break you or you can use it as inspiration – I see you Tiger Woods
14. While one should not judge too quickly (or at all for that matter), people really do show you who they are early and often. But…
15. Getting to know a person better almost always leads to an understanding of why they are the way they are.
16. Saying “I’m sorry” is one of the hardest things for a lot of people to say.
17. Saying “Thank you” ranks high on the hard to say list also.
18. There is no way that living with a spirit of gratitude will not change your attitude.
19. Sometimes the smallest thing to you is the biggest thing to someone else- amazing but true.
20. Letting others in is a better alternative than living behind a wall- hiding behind a wall keeps others out but always keeps you enclosed. Let the wall down and free yourself.
21. It is not always easy to give a lot of effort, but it is worth it- the thing that most feels like it’s not worth the trouble probably is.
22. There is little room for a difference of opinion in the current climate of our country- sad to say!